Speak With Confidence
Do you wish you had more confidence when you speak – especially when you are put on the spot, or in front of people you don't know? Do you worry about how your voice sounds, and how you come across?
Is this you?
- I feel embarrassed and self-conscious when I start to speak, and I worry what people might think of me.
- I wish I sounded more powerful and strong.
- I communicate well in a conversation, but when I have to speak out in front of others it all seems to go wrong and I don't know what to do about it.
- I often forget what I wanted to say as soon as I start to speak.
- Sometimes I have to make a presentation as soon as I get to work, but my voice feels weak.
- My voice trails off at the end of sentences.
- I sometimes run out of breath when I speak.
- My voice suddenly sounds strained and dry when I speak in public.
- When I'm put on the spot my throat blocks up and I can't get the words out.
- I've been told to slow down when I talk.
- I find some words really difficult to say – so I avoid using them.
- I'm sometimes told to speak up.
- I never feel that what I say has enough impact.
- Some people lose interest quickly when I start to speak.
- Sometimes I feel as if I'm screeching.
- I seem to sound hoarse all the time.
- I think my voice sounds awful, especially on a recording.
- Sometimes I never get to say what I really want to say, so I feel 'unheard'.
- I wish my voice sounded more sexy, instead of thin and whiney.
- Some people have lovely voices. Why can't I sound like they do?
You're not alone – the above statements resonate with many, many people! The great news is that your concerns can be fixed.
I can help you:
I'll help you to understand more about your voice and give you some great tools. I'll ensure that you know how to maximize your personal energy so that you can project yourself more effectively, with greater impact and confidence - especially when speaking out in front of others.
You'll discover how to speak so that others really want to listen. Imagine having to give a talk about a subject that you find dry and boring – I'll help you to find ways to make it the most fascinating subject imaginable, and to convey that to your audience with ease and panache. I think you'll surprise yourself!
I'll inspire you to gently speak your truth, so that you are heard by those you want to hear you.
Why choose me?
A large part of my drama school and university training had a specialist focus in use of voice. I worked with some great voice teachers, several of whom have now passed on. I use what I learned from them as a way to help people build their confidence so that they can speak effectively in any situation, be it a meeting, small group or a large presentation. I've also trained would-be voiceover artists and was one myself for a while!
I've created a successful way of working which is fun, interesting, effective and surprisingly easy. Where appropriate I draw on a range of modalities including hypnotherapy, playful movement and mindful laughter to aid and speed up the process for you, enabling you to blast through your barriers and boost your confidence, whilst gaining really valuable tools to help you speak with enthusiasm, energy, authority and zest.
There are various ways that we can work together: 1-1 coaching programmes, workshops and retreats.